Alcame Photographic Printing
Bespoke Photographic Printing - Design and Printing Services
Passport & ID Pictures
UK ID photo requirements
You must make sure photos for your passport, driving licence or visa meet all the rules - your application might be delayed if you don’t. Check your application form to see how many photos you need to provide.
Your photos must be professionally printed and 45 millimetres (mm) high by 35mm wide.
You can’t use photos that have been cut down from larger pictures.
Your photos must be:
- in colour on plain white photographic paper
- taken against a plain cream or light grey background
- taken within the last month
- clear and in focus
- without any tears or creases
- unmarked on both sides (unless a photo needs to be countersigned)
- unaltered by computer software
The image of you
Your photos must show a close-up of your full head and shoulders. It must be only of you with no other objects or people.
The image of you - from the crown of your head to your chin - must be between 29mm and 34mm high (see example below).
Your photos may be rejected unless they show you:
- facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- with a neutral expression and your mouth closed
- without anything covering the face
- in clear contrast to the background
- without a head covering (unless it’s worn for religious or medical reasons)
- with eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- with your eyes not covered by sunglasses, tinted glasses, glasses frames or hair
- without any ‘red eye’
- without any shadows in the picture
Photos of children
Children must be on their own in the picture. Babies must not be holding toys or using dummies.
Children under 6 don’t have to be looking directly at the camera or have a neutral expression.
Children under 1 don’t have to have their eyes open. If their head is supported by a hand, the hand must not be visible in the photo.
Photos dos and don’ts
Can you see all of the graduations from black to white? If not, tilt your screen until you can.
At our premises we offer a 'While You Wait' passport, visa and ID picture service.
Our Passport Photo service complies with all requirements laid down by individual countries for visas and passport pictures. Pictures are taken and checked by our staff, we do not use a photo booth.
Passport, Visas, Driving Licences, Railcards, Bus Passes, Student Cards, ID Cards Membership Cards etc.
All prices are in GBP and include VAT.
Set of four pictures 45mm x 35mm : £6.99
For India and the USA a special size is required as follows;
Set of two pictures 50mm x 50mm: £6.99
See our location and opening times HERE